Monday, October 8, 2007

Her Majesty's Servants

Hi everybody,
I'm not doing much today but we are going to town tonight to shop for winter clothes :P and dad is going to take us out to dinner somewhere:) Yea!
Today for school, I read a story called Her Majesty's Servants and it's in the Jungle Book. It's about this man who can understand what animals say. He listened to a horse, mule, elephant, two bulls, and a camel argue over who fought the hardest in war. It ended up with all the animals finding out that this man was listening and they all went their own ways. But it was a really cute story. And here is a poem from the story.
Cavalry Horses
By the brand on my withers, the finest of tunes
Is played by the Lancers, Hussarsm, and Dragoons,
And it's sweeter than "Stables"or "Water" to me
The Cabalry Canter of "Bonnie Dundee"!
Then feed us and break us and handle and groom,
And launch us in column of squadrons and see
The way of the war-horse to "Bonnie Dundee"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I haven't had time to comment on your blogs yet, but I have time now so I just want to say I think having a blog to read by my Granddaughter is great! I enjoyed your poem today, and hope you enjoyed dinner out tonight. Even if it was somewhere like Carl's :0) We must get together soom for your day out with Grammy.
Love you

Suzie said...

hey Kluane i read that book once. its really cute don't you think? hope you have fun tonight. seeya tomorrow. Aimee