Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin Butter recipe (just for Heidi)

Hi Heidi (and anybody else who wants it),
Here is that recipe.
Pumpkin Butter
3 1/2 cups canned solid pack pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 tsp. ginger
4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1 (3-ounce) pouch liquid pectin
In an 8-quart pan, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, stirring until smooth and well blended. Gradually stir in the granulated and brown suagars.
Over medium-low heat, heat the mixture, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and skim off any foam.
Ladle the hot butter into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth. Cover with lids and apply screw rings. Process half-pint jars in water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.
Variation: Pumpkin-Pecan Butter
Stir 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans into the pumpkin mixture after the pumpkin is dissolved and before adding pectin.
Makes about 7 cups
Hope every one enjoys :P Yummy!!!!

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Sounds Yummy=)

Kassandra said...

Oh man, that sounds so good! I'm gonna have to try it sometime. Thanks for posting it! :o) Is it like jelly or something? I've never heard of pumpkin butter before, so I'm assuming you use it like jelly? Either way, it sounds DELICIOUS! :o) I love pretty much anything that has pumpkin in it. Ok, I'm rambling now. Talk to you later. :o)

~Kluane said...

Hi Kassandra,
Have you every heard of apple butter? It's alot like that. and yes you use it like jelly. it kind of has the texture of baby food (sorry i probably ruined it for you ):) but it tastes really good.
thanks for the post. Kluane

Kassandra said...

Yeah, I LOVE apple butter, and pear butter. My grandma in Oklahoma makes the BEST pear butter. I figured that's what pumpkin butter was like. I bet it's super good. I love pumpkin. :o) Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kluane =].
Whats up buttercup?
My Mom makes Apple Butter, but I haven't ever heard of Pumpkin Butter!
Lol, or Pear Butter, but I love pears.
hehe
I love you,
I'll comment some other Recipes or so on and what not
XD